Outstanding Research Contribution in African American Studies Award
The Outstanding Research Contribution in African American Studies Award will be given annually to recognize the contribution of one recent scholarly product (e.g., article, book chapter, book, monograph, artistic product) of a faculty member in the field of African American Studies.
Core, affiliate, and zero-time faculty in African American Studies are eligible for the award. The candidate must have had an affiliation with African American Studies for at least four semesters. The scholarly product must have appeared during the previous calendar year.
Nominations must include:
- Completed nomination form
- Copy of publication or scholarly product on which nomination is based
- Nomination letter outlining the strengths and contribution of the selected publication or scholarly product to African American Studies (no more than two pages); self-nominations are accepted
- Current CV of nominee
- Optional: supporting documentation is accepted, but not required (e.g., letter of support, review of article/book, etc.)
- Completed nomination materials must be submitted to the African American Studies main office on or before 5pm on March 30, 2018.
The African American Studies Awards committee will review and evaluate the nomination materials.
The award will be announced at a reception in late April. The recipient will receive a personalized award, recognition at the awards reception, and the recipient's name will be placed on a plaque displayed in the African American Studies conference room.
For More Information
Dr. Desiree Y. McMillion, email@example.com, 217-333-7781
1201 W. Nevada St., MC143, Urbana, IL 61801